Athletic Director- Oak Tree Country Club – Edmond, Oklahoma 209816
The position of Athletic Director is responsible for the operations and programming of the Club’s personal training, fitness floor, group fitness, and fee-based programs to exceed Member expectations while achieving the Club's revenue and profit objectives. The benchmarks for a successful Athletic Director are growth in Member usage and Athletic Department revenues; reduction in Member attrition; the maintenance of all quality standards for service, production, cleanliness, and safety; employee relations and staff development; all measured by growth in Net Revenues.
The Athletic Director will report directly to the General Manager with a dotted line to the Vice President of Fitness, Racquet, and Recreation.
Day to Day:
- To work within the financial aspects of personal training, group fitness, and fee-based fitness programs, including both revenue and expense. To work with the Tennis Department to ensure that the financial performance of the athletics department meets budget.
- To drive the selection, hiring, coaching, mentoring, and educating of personal trainers, group fitness instructors, and fitness floor staff in a manner that reinforces the club’s values and philosophies and ensures the operation of the department meets company standards and provides an environment of focused on excellent delivery of the company’s service culture (Three Steps) to exceed Member/Guest expectations.
- To develop and oversee the personal training and fee-based program marketing practices, policies, and systems that are necessary for achieving the department’s strategic, revenue and business plan goals.
- To conduct regular meetings and education sessions for applicable direct/indirect report employee partners.
- To monitor, teach and support staff in their professional delivery of club programs, fee-based classes, orientation sessions, fitness testing sessions, group classes, and personal training sessions. To ensure that each club member who participates in a program or training session receives a safe, valuable and motivating fitness experience.
- To continually offer staff training and development opportunities. To mentor and guide staff with their education and professional development.
- To create, coordinate, resource, implement, deliver, market, and sell personal training services and fee-based programs. In doing so, to ensure proper systems are implemented so as to ensure that the club’s personal training and fee-based programs meet the needs of the membership and drive member participation in such a manner as to create Member Delight and enhance Member Retention.
- To utilize the available resources of ClubCorp in executing the responsibilities of the Athletic Director. This includes incorporating any standards that the company has established for fitness programming, personal training, and program marketing.
- To assist in the delivery of department services as required, including providing specific services as qualified to do so by training (examples are working the floor, performing personal training, instructing a fee-based class, facilitating program activities, etc.)
- To provide a measurable cleaning program (MCP) and preventative maintenance program (PMP) for the fitness center equipment to ensure that all the fitness equipment is in good working condition, is clean, and is safe.
- To monitor each fee-based program and group fitness class to ensure that equipment is in proper working condition and that the areas are clean.
- To maintain the fitness floor staff schedule and group fitness class schedule to ensure accuracy. This includes insuring that subs are available when needed. This position needs to be available to act as a class or floor sub when needed.
- To attend committee meetings, New Member Orientations, and other club meetings as directed as an ambassador of the club.
- To process accurately the weekly payroll functions for all immediate staff, including timesheets, commission sheets, payroll activities in Kronos, and managing payroll and commission expense to plan.
- Assist fellow Employee Partners, Members, and guests to ensure delivery of the 3 steps of service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team
- Notify appropriate Management staff of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recovery any complaints as soon as possible
All Other Stuff We Do:
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the Club’s operation, it may be necessary that the fitness Director perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed that are not included in the above accountability list.
- Adhere to all of the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Responsible for conducting oneself as a representative for the Company's management team, by visibly supporting and implementing policy and demonstrating high standards of ethics and integrity with Members, peers and employees.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas and assuring that others are acting safely.
- Apply initiative to achieve personal/professional growth as a member of the Company's management team and maintain professional certifications as they may apply to the specific product line.
- Lead and motivate others to achieve expected outcomes.
- Manage time effectively.
- Take initiative to solve problems, utilizing all available resources including regional and corporate staff.
- Attend meetings/seminars as requested, including daily club line-up.
- Bachelors degree in a health-related field.
- Current personal training certification (ACSM, NASM, ACE, PTA Global, NFPT, CSCS or NSCA).
- Previous fitness operations/management/supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated marketing and sales experience.
- Previous managerial experience including budgeting (revenue generation, expense control), business planning (strategic and operational) and the ability to develop and implement operational systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead a team to succeed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service attitude and abilities.
- Professional, friendly manner.
- Enthusiastic, responsible, and a dependable team player.
- Self-motivated takes initiative with a strong work ethic.
- Well organized and detail-oriented.
- Willingness to acquire new skills.
- Innovative thinker who enjoys creating new programs.
- Proficient with a PC/Windows environment.
- Advanced degree preferred.