Banquet Sous Chef- Carolina Club UNC Alumni – Chapel Hill, North Carolina 208869
Sous Chef - Banquet
The Sous Chef will assist the Executive Chef in all aspects of the main, grill, and banquet kitchens (ie. ordering, scheduling, sanitation, maintenance, employee development, performance reviews).
They oversee proper preparation, excellence of product, and profit and labor cost. The Sous Chef organizes and helps in the service of all activities concerning a la carte, employee meals, and private dining rooms.
- Responsible for the quality and the variety of all food being served on the shift
- Enhance the overall knowledge and team spirit of the kitchen staff
- Hire, train, supervise, and/or terminate employees when needed
- Carry out the sanitation needs of the kitchen, utilizing the standards set up by the Executive Chef
- Culinary school graduate preferred
- Two years experience in supervisory position required
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with members, employee partners and guests
- Bilingual (English - Spanish) communication ability preferred
- Possesses a passion for exceeding Member expectations and a commitment to excellence resulting in high quality Member and guest service
(Internal Candidates should be working towards Chef STAR certification and be ServeSafe certified)