Camp Counselor- Bermuda Run Country Club – Bermuda Run, North Carolina 210550
Child Care Attendant / Camp Counselor
The Child Care Attendant reports to Director of Member Experience and is responsible for insuring the safety of the children. Camp Counselors are responsible for the overall supervision of campers with the aim of providing a healthy, safe, and enjoyable camp environment and experience. A good Camp Counselor often has strong leadership and is creative in planning and implementing programs and activities for campers.
- Being courteous and exercising tact and diplomacy when dealing with the public
- Being familiar with approved methods of problem behaviors of young children
- Asserting leadership abilities in the event of the Supervisor's absence.
- Keep track of campers dietary restrictions and allergies
- Facilitate group activities
- Mediate any conflicts that may arise between members of your group
- At least 1-2 years of experience with childcare, teaching or camp counseling required
- Must be able to participate in potentially strenuous physical activity.
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- Must have availability for ALL 6 weeks of summer camp