About the Club
Boston College Club is a private Club open to all professionals as a business/social club. It is where Boston's business community comes to work, connect, host and dine. Our Members do not have to have an affiliation with Boston College, though more than 50% do. This club is owned and managed by ClubCorp, the world's leader in private clubs; ClubCorp is the employer. Our company's and club's purpose is to “Build Relationships & Enrich Lives”.
A passion for combining elixirs and creating extraordinary cocktails. Entertain members and guests while mixing drinks, talking to members about spirits, wine or cocktail and mentioned about the history behind the product.
Keep the members engaged and enjoying themselves.
Has a culinary approach, creates drink menu according to the seasonal
Prepares individual drink components (infusions, syrups).
Developing and testing new drinks and refining current ones.
Focused on the craft of a drink aspiring to create one that is memorable.
Has an extensive repertoire of slicing techniques to enable them to create curated garnishes.
- Customer service – Entertainer, as well as drink servers, which requires excellent customer service and good people skills.
- Salesmanship – Make suggestions to member/ guests and attempt to upsell drink orders by offering more expensive brands of alcohol or costlier cocktails, experience in wine sales
- Communication skills – Engage member at various events, promote wine or/ and cocktail tastings
- Computer skills – Micros, word and excel skills
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and satellite bars (banquets)
- Interact with members/ guests, take orders and serve snacks and drinks
- Assess members’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
- Plan and present bar menu
- Check members/ guests’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent member/ guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Superior knowledge of classic cocktails, as well as the capability to build, shake, and create them for members/ guests quickly and efficiently
- Exemplify outstanding communication skills, with the aptitude to create unique experiences and promote wonderful customer service
- Check in with a member to ensure satisfaction
- Embody a strong and efficient work ethic, including, but not limited to keeping a clean and tidy work area, keeping members areas clean, polishing chinaware e.g. glassware, plate-ware, silverware
- Maintaining all sanitation standards of the business and local food and beverage laws
- Complete opening/closing duties, follow standards in place, as well as filling out prep/checklist
- Handling policies with the ability to perform credit card charges as well as provide members/ guests with accurate bills and ring in all orders accurately and at the time of the sale
- Must have knowledge of pour-cost control, as well as participate in inventory, and determine adequate par levels
· Report to work on time and in full uniform.
· Other duties as required.
– 5 years: Extensive bar service experience in a recognized resort, hotel or private club, managing or supervising; Excellent communication skills.
– TIPS certification
– Excellent knowledge of in mixing, wines, garnishing and serving drinks
– Computer literacy
– Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
– Relevant training certification
– Of legal age to serve liquor in accordance with state law