The Banquet Captain is In charge of banquet functions in the Club. Supervise banquet service personnel to assure member and guest satisfaction through proper food and beverage service and presentation. Maximize the club’s profitability from the catering function.
Responsible for ensure food and beverage STAR Service to Members/Guest ensuring satisfaction, Member retention, and coordinating with the other Club departments. Also, responsible for ensuring successful of execution the food and beverage activities and functions happening at the club during his/her shift. Consistently display the 3 Steps of Service at all opportunities to provide service.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities
- Works with Private Event Director on daily basis with the current events.
- Responsible for executing private and club events.
- Holds pre-function meetings with servers to ensure smooth, efficient service, assigns server stations and coordinates the timing of courses with the kitchen personnel.
- Ensures that all banquet staff are well-groomed and in proper uniform (including name tag) before clocking in.
- 5.Consistantly checkes Diagrams for buffet tables, guest table and other function room set-up needs for special events, and Ala Carte dining.
- Assures proper inventory of all banquet service equipment and supplies to meet required needs.
- Regularly inspects all front and back of the house service areas and equipment to assure that sanitation, safety, energy management, preventive maintenance and other standards for the department are met.
- Develop on-going training for all FOH service employees.
- Handles member and guest complaints.
- Acts as Lead Waiter at special, private functions as needed.
- Meet and greet guest upon arrival and make contact with host of event.
- Trains, supervises and evaluates FOH service staff.
- Assures that all functions are properly staffed in accordance the event.
- Assures the neatness, cleanliness and safety of all dining areas.
- Participates in weekly food & beverage meetings
- Assumes Opening or Closing Manager responsibilities when assigned.
- Conducts after-event evaluations to improve quality and efficiency of all FOH functions
- Responsible for ensuring staff is aware and ready to execute daily assignments and side work to be completed in their respective areas, to meet Club standards and as communicated in the Star Service FOCUS expectations (ie orderly/organized work areas, consistently sanitary work areas, refill/stock containers and supplies, etc.)
- Assist fellow Employee Partners, Members and guests to ensure delivery of the 3 steps of service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Notify F&B Director and Private Event Director of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recover, any complaints as soon as possible.
- Must be able to work at a rapid pace while maintaining attention to detail
- Must have the ability to handle more than one task at a time.
- Must have demonstrated good supervisory skills.
- Must have good communication and promotional skills.
- Must have teaching and motivatinal skills.
- 3 – 5yrs experience in the food & beverage industry.
- 1 – 3yrs supervisory experience
- High School Diploma
Food Handlers Certificate, FSP certified, ASAP certified
Responsible for providing food and beverage STAR Service to Members and Guests while consistently displaying the Three Steps of Service at every opportunity. Work closely and coordinate with other team members to ensure Member/Guest satisfaction and retention.
This position reports directly to the FB Director, Service Director, and Banquet Manager with indirect reporting to the Private Events Director, Captain, and General Manager.
Day to Day:
- Maintain ClubCorp service standards as outlined in the FB Service training program(s) at high standards
- Responsible for food and beverage service to Members and guests, adhering to the ClubCorp standards of service.
- Complete and comprehensive knowledge of the a la carte menu is mandatory, including daily features and specials that may not be available directly on the menu.
- Accurately execute Member/Guest orders and requests in an attentive and timely fashion.
- Know Member names and greet them promptly while providing a warm welcome making them feel at home.
- Ensure that room(s) is set up correctly, bussed consistently, cleaned continually and know how the room needs to be set-up for the next event, if applicable.
- Ensure daily assignments and side work is complete in respective areas to meet Club standards. Consistantly sanitize work areas, refill/stock containers and supplies, etc.).
- Assist fellow Employees, Members and guests to ensure delivery of the Three Steps of Service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Notify management of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Practice good service recovery by rectifying any complaints as soon as possible.
- Complete additional duties as assigned by the FB Director, Service Director, Private Events Director, etc.
- Possess clear knowledge of all various liquors, beer and wines available at the Club.
- Must be able to interact with Members/Guests professionally, helping them with changes and last minute requests as needed.
All the other stuff we do:
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the companys operation, it may be necessary that each Employee Partner perform a multitude of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all of the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas and assure that others are acting safely.
- Follow all service department, club and corporate guidelines and policies as instructed by supervisor, policies and manuals.
- Attend all Service Training Meetings as requested.
- Attend daily line-up and participate as requested.
- Wear a clean and neat uniform that follows ClubCorp and your property uniform standards daily.
- A high school diploma preferred.
- Previous Food and Beverage experience preferred.
- Food Handler and Alcohol Server Certifications as required by State and City.
- You have completed FB Service Training.
- Excellent communication skills and articulate speech.
- Ability to communicate and follow instructions.
- You are comfortable working in both indoor and occasional outdoor environments.
Golf Course Maintenance/Laborer
The Golf Course Maintenance and Laborer position works on the diverse range of activities involved in golf course maintenance and construction. They are responsible for semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance work, and performs related tasks as required.
- Operates powered equipment in mowing golf course putting greens, aprons, tees, and rough
- Operates edgers and trimmers
- Grades and prepares a soil plant bed, lays sod, plants, vegetative material, and pulls weeds in bed
- Changes cups and tee markers
- Maintains Ball washers, water hazards, and bunkers
- Operates light equipment in hauling materials and removing debris
- Trims trees, prunes shrubbery, and cultivates shrubs and flowers
- Assists in construction of new greens, tees, and fairways by grading, preparing soil and planting
- 1 year experience in landscaping maintenance
- Able to understand and follow detailed written and oral instruction
- Local candidates only as this position does not offer relocation
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
The Bartender is responsible for providing the highest quality of beverage production and service to our Members and guests. In addition to supporting all Club venues, events and fellow Employee Partners in delivering quality beverages and service, the Bartender maintains the bar, bar service areas and related storerooms in a neat, organized and secure manner. This Employee Partner follows the proper procedures for stocking, cleaning and ensuring opening/closing duties are performed to ensure bar readiness at all times.
Evenings and Weekends
Previous bartending experience required.
A working knowledge of bar related beverages, spirits, wine and beer.
A working knowledge of the most common cocktails, mixed drinks and specialty drinks.
Alcohol Intervention and Coach Certified (C.A.R.E).
Possesses a passion for exceeding Member expectations and a commitment to excellence that results in providing the highest quality Member and guest experience.
The Receptionist is responsible for greeting members/guests, answering the telephone, answering inquires, taking reservations, directing calls, and providing exceptional service to Members. The receptionist will act as an extension of the Member Relations, Membership, and Private Event departments in obtaining prospective Member Guest referrals.
- Greet and direct Members and guests to proper area by name when possible
- Administrative tasks are asked of this position to fill down periods
- One year experience as a Receptionist, PBX Operator, Administrative, Concierge or Customer Service Agent
- Computer skills required. Good communication skills are a must
- Outgoing, friendly, and professional
- High school diploma or equivalent