Engineers Country Club (ECC) is a premier private club located in Roslyn Harbor, NY dating back to 1917. The club has hosted major golf events in its past such as a US Amateur as well as PGA Championship and continues to host local, competitive events. The golf course is known for exceptionally unique and difficult greens as well as dramatic elevation changes throughout the property. ECC regularly makes the list of best golf courses in the very golf-rich state of New York.
Since being acquired by private ownership three years ago, we have been fortunate to receive major capital investments into the golf course as well as our equipment fleet. ECC’s ownership has invested nearly $200,000 in capital for new equipment such as rollers, carts, tractors, leaf blowers and tractor implements. In addition to this, we have a revolving 4 year lease of reel mowers, rough mowers and carts currently with John Deere.
ECC is seeking a talented and motivated Equipment Manager to join our team for the 2021 season. Ideally, the candidate will have golf course mechanic experience, but we are willing to train the right individual. The Equipment Manager reports directly to the Superintendent and communicates regularly with the Assistant Superintendents as well as the greens staff in regards to equipment safety and maintenance. This position is a vital part of our agronomic team and the ideal candidate will take pride in the golf course conditions we produce as well as maintain a positive attitude. ECC is dedicated to continue investing in our operation to supply all team members with the necessary tools to meet the highest of standards daily.
The Equipment Manager oversees a comprehensive preventive maintenance program for the golf course assets. It is vital to effectively communicate all needs/problems relating to repair of equipment to the Superintendent or Assistants. This is a working position, but there are staff members that will be available to assist when needed. The Equipment Manager is expected to maintain a safe, clean work space and is trusted to organize his/her shop however they see fit.
- Responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of all equipment utilized by the Greens and Grounds Department.
- Sharpening reels and bedknives with Foley and Express Dual grinders.
- Monitor, record and perform routine maintenance such as oil changes, hydraulic systems and grease fittings.
- Communicates with Superintendent and Assistants regarding equipment availability.
- Organize and utilize the shop area so as to provide proper working conditions and a safe and healthy environment.
- Be creative in planning alterations to existing equipment so as to prolong life expectancy and usefulness.
- Assist with the monitoring and maintenance of all shop maintenance equipment, i.e.: Air Compressors, Parts Cleaner, Fuel Delivery System(s), etc.
- Instructs and/or trains golf course maintenance workers regarding preventive maintenance, and the proper cleaning of and safe operation of equipment.
- Spot checks equipment for performance on the course, makes emergency repairs to equipment on the course, and services or supervises servicing of equipment prior to use.
- Communicates with vendors and orders all necessary parts.
- Pay from $28 to $33 per hour + overtime, depending on golf course experience
- Overtime after 40 hours/week generally between 5 and 10 hours from April through October.
- Lunch provided in season.
- Clothing allowance for work shirts, pants and boots.
- Standard Healthcare plan with Dental and Vision.
- Year end bonus opportunity to be further discussed.
- Paid Personal Time Off/Vacation Time.
- Schedule flexibility to maintain positive work/life balance.
Please email applications to Patrick – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 516-629-5754
– Working knowledge of light and heavy maintenance equipment
– specifically all golf course/light construction equipment.
– Working knowledge of care/maintenance of all gasoline/diesel engines.
– Ability to move heavy objects
– must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
– Ability to fabricate necessary items (tools, parts, etc.) for equipment and equipment maneuverability.
– Ability to diagnose mechanical troubles and determine appropriate maintenance work.
– Consistent and professional interaction with management and staff of all departments of Engineers Country Club is required.
– Professional and ethical interaction required in all vendor contacts.
– Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel is preferred.
– High School Diploma is preferred.
– Degree from College or Technical school preferred, but education gained through on the job learning is acceptable.
– Timely attendance with very early starting hours in season.
– Possession of a valid New York State Driver’s License.
– Being open-minded and ability to work with a team toward a common goal.
– Maintain a positive attitude and a “whatever it takes” mentality