Assistant Golf Professional/Golf Merchandiser
**Please email PGA Director of Golf, Jimmy Brahm at James.Brahm@ClubCorp.com after submitting your application answering the following question: Why would you like to become a member of our Golf Professional Staff at Treesdale Golf & Country Club?
The Assistant Golf Professional/Golf Merchandiser is responsible for promoting the game of golf and the club while providing hospitality focused service to our Members and guests. They organize and promote all Club Tournaments and other special events/functions at the Club. The Assistant Golf Professional oversees all aspects of the daily golf operations inside and outside of the golf shop. They assist in managing the staff to assure proper performance while following all daily procedures and policies including Golf Shop Attendants, Outside Golf Operations staff, and Starters/Rangers.
- Assist the Director of Golf with all daily golf operations
- Daily Golf Operations includes but is not limited to: opening and closing procedures of the Golf Shop, checking in members and guests through the Tee Sheet and POS system, answering the phone and assisting with any inquiries, and assisting with the Outside Golf Operations.
- Provides excellent customer service to all members and guests in line with the 3 Stars of service (Warm welcomes, magic moments, & Fond farewells) while maintaining a positive attitude and great work ethic.
- Merchandising Operations: Assist the Director of Golf with purchasing, receiving, and managing inventory of the Merchandise Operations. Responsible for creating & maintaining merchandise displays, providing input on promotion and sales ideas, restocking inventory, daily shop upkeep.
- Tournament Operations: Lead the Tournament Operations & Outing programs using Golf Genius Premium software. Assisting with Men's, Women's, Couples, & Junior events
- Golf Instruction: Assist the Director of Golf & Director of Instruction with individual and group instruction throughout the year.
- Junior Golf: Assist the Director of Golf in the management and implementation of the Summer Junior Golf Program & PGA Junior League Golf Team
- Outside Operations: Assist the Director of Golf & Outside Golf Operations Supervisor with daily outside golf operations procedures including but not limited to: supervision of outside golf operations staff, assisting members and guests with their bags upon arrival and departure, cleaning and storing of golf clubs, cleaning and maintenance of golf carts, managing the cleanliness of outside golf areas, managing the appearance and cleanliness of the practice facilities, assisting with player services (starting play, rangering, etc.).
- Professional Conduct: Act as a representative of the Club with professional appearance and behavior in all interactions with members and guests, as well as in participation in playing golf with members, competing in Pro-Am events, or local Professional competitions.
– Prefer a candidate with 3+ years of Private Golf Facility or Retail Merchandising experience
– Prefer a candidate to be a PGA Apprentice PGM Level 2 or higher with goals of advancing to a Head Golf Professional role
– Prefer a candidate with excellent Merchandising, Sales, Inventory Management, Administrative Reporting, Tournament Operations, Golf Instruction & Club-Fitting, & Private Event experience
– Prefer a candidate with excellent organizational skills, time-management skills, and leadership qualities
– Prefer a candidate with excellent skills in written, oral, and electronic communications