The Club Manager reports directly to the General Manager and is a department head position. This position provides a unique, hands-on opportunity to learn the requisite skills to become a successful leader within the organization. Key responsibilities of the Club Manager include maintaining exceptional Member relations and club facilities by creating a quality environment through staffing, programming, service operations and maintenance. S/he will develop aggressive sales, marketing and revenue plans and direct successful implementation working hand in hand with the General Manager for departments such as, but not limited to, Member Relations, FB operations, Culinary, Golf Operations, Membership sales, Private Event Sales, event programming, sports amenities such as tennis and fitness and the management, promotion and maintenance of those areas, Member and Board relations and financial management and others as assigned.
Reports Directly To: General Manager, also reporting to Regional Director FB. Directly Supervises all food and beverage staff, front, and heart of the house. Indirectly Supervises: staff in other departments such as House Maintenance, etc.
Day to Day:
- The Club Manager participates with the General Manager in preparing an annual financial budget and achieves these goals throughout the year through proper forecasting, cost controls, labor management and revenue generating programs.
All the other stuff we do:
- Responsible for promoting the Club while providing quality service and maintaining a high level of professionalism to the Members and guests of the club.
- Translate Member needs and desires into Club programming. Design, coordinate and facilitate the Clubs Social Offerings, including working with department heads to complete and implement one unified annual Club calendar of Member events in alignment with the identified needs and desires of Members and guests. Responsible for weekly analysis of improved retention ideas and/or modifications and update quarterly and monthly calendars produced, as information becomes more relevant and detailed, Events should drive usage and retention.
- Work with the Member committees to develop and implement Member activities and events as well as identify other opportunities for Member events and services, such as food and beverage and/or golf, or other key areas that satisfy on-going Member needs and implement to achieve revenue objectives.
- Works closely with other Department Heads such as Membership Director, and Private Event Director to provide direction and input on all matters relating to operations, for their specific areas.
- Responsible for leading the sales team(s) towards achievement of both Membership and Private Event Departments sales plan, goals and objectives following all guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Drive Operating Revenue &ndash Enhance the sales culture
- Develop aggressive sales, marketing and net revenue plans and direct successful implementation, following established financial plans and revenue guidelines in all areas.
- Create a sales TEAM &ndash Net sales versus operations
- Create sales discipline &ndash formal one on one meetings weekly
- Private Event revenue &ndash know and own targets
- Foster sales creativity &ndash Keep it fresh and inspire revenue growth
- Ensure all expense control systems are in place with close monitoring of all assigned department expenses including revenue to payroll ratio. Ensure appropriate forecasting systems are utilized.
- Communicate with Members on both a group and individual basis to ensure the club is exceeding their expectations.
- Direct the recruitment, selection, training, development, coaching and performance management, as applicable, of qualified staff of Service Excellence Employee Partners to understand the relationships between value, Member service and satisfaction and Member retention/attrition.
- As applicable, responsible for the scheduling and/or directing the scheduling of all applicable personnel and the budgeting of labor costs. Ensure controls on time reporting via the time management systems are in place by computing the total hours and making sure the time are accurate by both the employee and the supervisor. Ensure employees are adhering to mandated policies and procedures as outline in the Time Management Policy.
- Attend and lead as required all Department Head staff meetings and sales meetings
- Partner with fellow Employee Partners to provide the three steps of service (warm welcomes, magic moments, and fond farewells) to all Members/guests.
- Be visible in the Club during peak operating hours. Meet and greet Members and guests as needed.
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the companys operation, it may be necessary that each Employee Partner perform a multitude of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Responsible for conduct oneself as a representative for the Companys management team, by visibly supporting and implementing policy and demonstrating high standards of ethics and integrity with Members, peers and employees.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas and assuring others are acting safely.
Apply initiative to achieve personal/professional growth as a member of the Companys management team and maintain professional certifications as they may apply to the specific product line.
- Lead and motivate others to achieve expected outcomes.
- Manage time effectively.
- Take initiative to solve problems, utilizing all available resources including regional and corporate staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively with proper grammar.
- Ability to work well under pressure, coordinating multiple tasks at any given time
- Ability to focus attention on detail.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas and assuring that others are acting safely.
- Attendance at daily line-up and participating as requested.
- 5+ years in Club management or related field in Food Beverage Industry.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Food Handlers Certificate, Alcohol Safety, STAR Service Certification, STAR Trainer Certification, TABC Certification, and CPR Certification preferred.
- Responsible for up to million to multi-million-dollar business. Errors in judgment regarding expense allocation could seriously affect the profit/loss position of their departments.
- Deals with highly confidential material (i.e. Member/Employee Data).
- Service STAR Training, Alcohol Management.
- Computer literacy required/Spreadsheet knowledge required. Computer skills, good communication skills, ability to be a strong leader.
- Professional indoor office/Club environment.