Responsible for the supervision, development, and training of all service personnel, in order to maintain a high level of service as well as ensure that the Club adheres to the standards that have been set forth by ClubCorp and as directed by F&B Management. Participates with F&B Management in achieving revenue and expense benchmarks.
Responsible for ensuring food and beverage STAR Service to Members/Guest ensuring satisfaction, Member retention, and coordinating with the other Club departments as directed. Also, responsible for directing staff for successful execution the food and beverage activities and functions happening at the Club during his/her shift. Consistently display the 3 Steps of Service at all opportunities to provide service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- At the direction and in conjunction with F&B Management, participating in the hiring, developing and disciplining of all service personnel in accordance with Club policies and procedures.
- Assist F&B Management when directed in scheduling of all service personnel and managing labor to the budget.
- Ensure controls on time reporting via time keeping system are in place by computing the total hours and making sure the time are accurate by both the Employee Partner and the supervisor. Ensure Employee Partners are adhering to mandated policies and procedures as outline in the Time Management Policy.
- Communicate with the Private Event Director during the preparation of private functions in order to ensure there is correct staffing and execution of the event. Directing staff accordingly and ensuring that room(s) is bussed, cleaned and as necessary know how the room needs to be set-up for the next event, if applicable.
- As applicable, attend, lead and participate in all staff meetings, Food & Beverage meetings, as well as hold daily line-ups, weekly service training meetings and special training sessions when needed.
- Implement various training programs to the service personnel in order to maintain a well trained staff to achieve Service Excellence and drive Member satisfaction and retention. Specifically, maintaining ClubCorp service standards as outlined in the Hospitality First training program at high standards.
- Check all tickets for correct addition, signatures, and Member numbers before turning over to the accounting staff as applicable.
- Complete and comprehensive knowledge of the ala carte menu is mandatory; including daily features and specials that may not be available directly on the menu and ensuring service staff is as knowledgeable.
- Inspect and complete side work and table settings, as well as inspect the menus and wine lists before each meal.
- Check reservation book and make sure that all reservations are assigned tables, and service personnel know their table assignments and are prepared to execute Service Excellence.
- Responsible for ensuring staff is aware and ready to execute daily assignments and side work to be completed in their respective areas, to meet Club standards and as communicated in the Star Service FOCUS expectations (i.e. orderly/organized work areas, consistently sanitary work areas, refill/stock containers and supplies, etc.).
- Assist fellow Employee Partners, Members and Guests to ensure delivery of the 3 Steps of Service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Notify F&B Management and/or General Manager of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recover, any complaints as soon as possible.
- Must be able to interact with Members/Guests professionally, helping them with changes and last minute requests as needed.
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the Club's operation, it may be necessary that each Employee Partner to perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed. .
- Adhere to all of the various company, Club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Responsible for demonstrating good teamwork.
- Follow all service department, Club and corporate guidelines and policies as instructed by supervisor, policies and manuals. .
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas, including the kitchen, and assuring that others are acting safely.
- Wearing a CLEAN and neat uniform that follows ClubCorp and your property uniform standards daily.
- Reports Directly To: F&B Director, Service Director or General Manager/Operations Manager.
- Also Works For: Regional F&B Director.
- Other Positions Reporting To This Supervisor: other Club and F&B staff.
- Directly Supervises: Service personnel.
- Indirectly Supervises: Kitchen personnel.
WORK EXPERIENCE: 2+ years’ experience at a captain level or F&B supervisor.
EDUCATION: High school diploma required or equivalent.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: Food Handlers Certificate, STAR Service Certification, STAR Trainer Certification, TABC Certification, and CPR Certification preferred.
BUDGET CONTROL/RESPONSIBILITY: F&B revenues and expenses, cost controls, and labor control.
SECURITY/CONFIDENTIALITY: Some compensation information, Club keys, open/close procedures of Club.
TRAINING: STAR certified preferred
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: Computer skills, good communication skills, ability to be a strong leader.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ENVIRONMENT: n/a.
Please see Job Discription