Director Day Camp – The Downtown Club – Houston, Texas 157477
Day Camp Director
The Day Camp Director is a seasonal position responsible for the planning, implementation and the supervision of the daily operations of the Clubs summer day camp program. This includes the operations that directly impact the over-all Member experience and the operating excellence of the department.
- Ensure the safety of the children participating in the day camp program at all times
- Set the example of professionalism and good judgement for others at all times.
- Responsible for the planning and scheduling of activities for the Day Camp program to ensure safety and fun for all children enrolled, and implement and teach staff and children core values
- Must be professional, courteous and exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with the Members and guests
- Must be familiar with approved methods of care for problem behaviors of young children, ages 5-12 years
- Responsible for maintaining cooperative and harmonious relationships with the Day Camp staff, showing professionalism, independence and willingness to learn
- Responsible for marketing efforts to build awareness of day camp program. This includes, but is not limited to: program flyers, promotional activities, returning phone calls, and past participant phone calls
- Accountable for the security of/the completion of child information profiles and registration
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of daily and weekly rosters, schedules, and billing
- Responsible for the hiring and training of Day Camp Employee Partners
- To handle the daily, weekly and period payroll functions for the department in an accurate and timely manner
- Responsible for the active communication between the Day Camp and the Welcome Desk, KOC accounting office, golf department, aquatics department and tennis department
- To oversee the financial aspects of this program, including both revenue and expenses
- To work with your supervisor to insure the financial performance of the day camp meets budget
- To adhere to all of the written mandatory standards of operation, policies, procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions of the KOC.
- Minimum of one year of work experience in an organized childcare setting.
- High School Diploma required.
- College Degree or Child Development/Early Childhood Education preferred
- Infant/Child CPR required. First Aid certification required. CDA certification preferred
The Downtown Club