Director of Food and Beverage
The Director of Food and Beverage oversees all food and beverage at the Club, both front and heart of the house operations.
They manage the hiring, training and development of all F&B Employee Partners. This position will ensure that all mandated training programs are implemented as well as full compliance with corporate purchasing procedures.
The Director of Food and Beverage prepares an annual financial budget and achieves these goals throughout the year through proper forecasting, cost controls, labor management and revenue generating programs.
The Food & Beverage Director is an advocate and ambassador of STAR Service and understanding the critical role that Membership and exceeding expectations plays in the success of the operation.
- Communicate effectively and hospitably with Members, guests, and Employee Partners
- Involved with all day-to-day functions including staff management, Member and guest interactions, office administration duties, vendor communications, and labor costs.
- Required to ensure that operational standards are met in regards to sanitation codes and laws, food storage, and loss prevention.
- College degree preferred
- Four years of Food & Beverage, private dining experience preferred
- Proven track record of team management, organizational and coaching skills
- Solid understanding of a la carte and banquet revenue generation
- Comprehensive knowledge of expense control as it relates to payroll and forecasting
- Experience with purchasing and inventory systems
- Creative menu development skills
- Strong technical literacy including Microsoft Word and Excel, payroll management and POS
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employee Partners and guests
(Internal candidates should be Food & Beverage Service STAR certified.)