Anthem Golf & Country Club is a bloom in the desert in the quiet beauty of the high Sonora Desert foothills at the base of Daisy Mountain. Tucked away within a gated, resort-style community, it was voted the Best Master Planned Community in America by the National Association of Home Builders. The Club is the heart of the country club community and consistently provides the private family club lifestyle that you can afford.
Locally, Anthem is known as the Club with two of everything: two championship golf courses, two golf practice facilities, two spectacular clubhouses, two dining rooms, two state-of-the-art fitness centers, two heated pools, and two tennis gardens. Social membership is an integrated part of the homeowner experience for residents of the country club community. For residents of Anthem Parkside and beyond, residents can request an invitation to a variety of memberships including Tennis, Off Season Golf and Full Golf memberships.
Anthem Golf & Country Club provides a private world of unparalleled beauty, recreation and fun. The Sonoran Desert, saguaro cacti and beautiful foothills provide a lush backdrop for the 36 holes of golf that Anthem offers and is a perfect match for your passion for golf. The two clubhouses offer many amenities to satisfy all tastes.
Throughout all seasons, the calendar at Anthem Golf & Country Club is full with lessons, classes, golf and tennis tournaments, unique dining offerings and formal and informal events that allow you to meet and network both socially and professionally. Both the Persimmon and Ironwood clubhouses provide various venues for special occasions such as weddings, birthdays, showers and bar mitzvahs.
Some amenities that the Club offers are:
•Two championship golf courses
•Two full golf practice facilities including all grass driving ranges, short game areas and two large putting greens
•Nine post-tension hard courts for your enjoyment, including one stadium court
•Two fitness clubs featuring state-of-the-art equipment
•Two heated pools, lap lanes and spas
•Exercise classes, personal training, water aerobics
•Two magnificent 34,000-square-foot clubhouses (the Persimmon and the Ironwood)
•Two dining rooms and bars with formal and casual dining
•Outdoor grass amphitheater with a sun deck to host up to 200 Members
The Director of Agronomy will be responsible for the planning and implementation of the AG Plan, Budget, Capital Projects, Employee Partner retention, hiring, training, record keeping, cultural practices, communication with leadership team as well as membership, striving each day to make club better than the day before. Have knowledge of Audubon Certification program and needs to keep this moving forward.
- Oversee and directs all operations of the golf course maintenance department and facilities grounds. This includes:
- Two championship golf courses.
- Grounds and landscaping around 2 clubhouses.
- Grounds and landscaping around fitness center, tennis courts, and pool.
- This includes budgeting and forecasting per company policies and timelines.
- Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure quality standards are achieved with high efficiency.
- Develops the Annual AG Plan and operating plan with club GM and Regional Director of Agronomy. Implements the plan to ensure cost containment.
- Ensures all standards are being followed, including but not limited to: equipment repairs, equipment storage, chemical and fertilizer storage, and records, washing areas, restrooms, etc., to include cleanliness.
- Supervise and lead course construction and renovation projects.
- Works closely with Director of Golf as well as General Manager to provide top notch conditions as possible each and every day for our members.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, all rules and regulations relating to chemical and fertilizer applications, storage, and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
- Management of Employee Partner activities for golf course maintenance team including but not limited to personnel recruitment, training, performance evaluations, discipline, and termination, etc.
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to departmental activities including, but not limited to: labor schedules, course maintenance programs and activities, construction activities, equipment inventory and repairs, safety meetings and activities, fertilizer & chemical applications and pest control practices.
- Maintain necessary inventories, purchase necessary items while keeping mindful of the maintenance budget.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Ensure that application equipment is calibrated properly along with overseeing or making fertilizer and pesticide applications, as necessary.
- Perform routine inspection and upkeep of irrigation system including changes and repairs necessary.
- Communicate with leadership team as well as members of upcoming maintenance activities and issues that maybe occurring.
- Minimum 3 years as a Director of Golf Course Maintenance or Golf Course Superintendent of multiply courses
- 2 or 4 year turfgrass degree required
- Experience with high salts/bicarbonate water a plus but not required.
- Experience with heavy soils
- Overseeding experience required.
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License or ability to obtain it within 90 days.
- Valid Arizona Pesticide Applicators license or ability to obtain it within 120 days.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in development of Employee Partners to reach the next level of conditions and experience, communications with leadership team as well as members, budgets, and reporting, managing member’s expectations, and water.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; effectively handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights and weekends.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive attitude, professional manner, and appearance in all situations.
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employee Partners, and guests
- Bilingual (English – Spanish) communication ability preferred.