The Director of Restaurant’s primary purpose is to oversee the daily food and beverage operations in support of the Director of Food & Beverage. Ensure all food and beverage operations and Member services are coordinated to exceed Member expectations, while driving initiatives to achieve the Club's revenue and profit objectives. This position will work closely with the Director of Food & Beverage and Executive Chef to ensure the standards of service and safety guidelines are met.
The benchmarks for a successful Director of Restaurants are: The maintenance of all quality standards for service, cleanliness, and safety; employee relations and staff development. Assist the Food and Beverage Director in achieving annual sales and profit in overall Front of House operations while exceeding Member expectations through strong leadership and management skills.
Also responsible for assisting in the development, and training of all service personnel, to maintain a high level of service as well as ensure that the Club adheres to the standards that have been set forth by ClubCorp.
Reports Directly To: Director of Food and Beverage. Directly Supervises all front of house food and beverage staff.
Day to Day:
• Maintain exceptional Member Relations and facilities by creating a quality environment through staffing, programming, service operations, maintenance.
• Complete scheduled inventories and ensure proper administration processes are followed
• Responsible for Front of house scheduling and ensure that they meet budgeted labor targets
• Ensure all expense control systems are in place with close monitoring of all department expenses including revenue to payroll ratio. Ensure appropriate forecasting systems are utilized.
• Work with the Member committees to develop and implement Member activities and events.
• Communicate with Members on both group and individual basis to ensure the Club is exceeding their expectations.
• Collaborate with the Food and Beverage team to create and implement new ideas
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local food sanitation and safety regulations. Be knowledgeable about the most updated laws and guidelines and communicate this information to the staff
• Assist in selecting and developing a qualified staff of Service Excellence Employees to understand the relationships between value, Member service and satisfaction and Member retention/attrition.
• Develop Employees for career advancement using Performance Review Systems, Cross Training, and Developmental Planning.
• Responsible for ensuring the service is team is properly trained to deliver exceptional service and to create memorable moments for Member. This could include interactive dining, table-side service, promoting specialty or signature items, etc.
• Create an excellent work environment, centered upon teamwork and mutual respect that is expected to focus upon Member Satisfaction and the 3 Steps of Service while producing the Club's revenue objectives.
• Implement and effectively execute specific training programs timely and consistently to ensure Club staff is providing Members with quality service and product.
• Responsible for the scheduling of all service personnel. Ensure controls on time reporting via the time management systems are in place by computing the total hours and making sure the times are accurate by both the Employee Partners and the supervisor. Ensure Employees are adhering to mandated policies and procedures as outline in the Time Management Policy.
• Attend all Department Head staff meetings, Food & Beverage meetings, as well as hold weekly service training meetings and special training sessions when needed. Perform line-up twice daily going over the events of the day and Menu items.
• Partner with fellow Employees to provide the 3 Steps of Service (warm welcomes, magic moments, and fond farewells) to all Members/guests.
• Ensure service recovery programs are in place, staff is properly trained to execute and being properly utilized as set forth by management.
• Executes all menus, promotions, and programs as outlined by the Director of Food & Beverage in accordance with Club standards.
• Ensures that daily walkthroughs are being conducted in all Front of House areas
All the other stuff we do:
• Because of the fluctuating demands of the company's operation, it may be necessary that each Employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
• Adhere to all the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
• Attend all Department Head, Food and Beverage, Private Events and General Staff meetings.
• Continuously improve Member satisfaction through programming, pricing, promotions, and compliance with ClubCorp standards of operations and training.
• Where applicable, oversee side work duties assigned to F&B staff and general housekeeping for all F&B outlets.
• Initiate and control a wine/beverage sales incentive for the service team on a monthly or quarterly basis.
• In addition, maintain the required ClubCorp Standards of Operations by helping the F&B Director in controlling labor costs, linen costs, miscellaneous F&B expenses, etc.About you: