Director Player Development
The Director of Player Development is
responsible for creating a culture of improvement at the Club to generate
increased levels of participation in social practice and learning programs
amongst the Members and amongst prospective Members and golfers to increase
member value and appeal of the Club to prospects (Members and golfers) with the
goal of improved retention, increasing participation and contributing to the
development of a more vibrant and enjoyable golf community.
- Management of Player Development Professionals and any other resources participating within the scope of player development to deliver and execute player development activities (this includes coaching and any other improvement activity, engagement events including accompanied play, assessments, fittings, active marketing events and engagements, non-traditional golf events such as a short-game challenge)
- Management of engagement activities and allocation of resources to ensure the execution of those engagement activities
- Management and mentorship of Player Development Professionals and any other Professional staff allocated to player development tasks
- Management of a personal care group of up to 100 golfers responsible for their retention, activation and participation Creation and management of a new membership pipeline including management of the conversion to member
- Improvement of golfers’ playing performance through coaching and fitting
- Sourcing or design and then the management of junior and new golfer coaching programs
- Creation and management of improvement programs, clinics, and coaching
- Design and management of social and group practice, improvement, and learning programs with minimum numbers participating
- Design and creation of golfing and active marketing events.
- 5+ years as Golf Professional
- College degree preferred.
- PGA/LPGA Profession Certification completion required
- Direct responsibility with financial responsibilities.
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills required
- Creativity, attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Possess a passion for providing high quality Member service and commitment to exceeding expectations