1st Assistant Superintendent
River Creek Club is the Washington, D.C. area’s first private, gated country club community. The essence of great Leesburg golf is what you’ll find at River Creek Club. We offer a challenging 18-hole Ault-Clark championship golf course with seven holes overlooking the scenic Potomac River.
The 1st Assistant Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for assisting the Superintendent in the operating functions of the Golf Course Maintenance Department to ensure the healthy growth of the golf course & Clubhouse Grounds grasses, trees, wetlands, and other plant materials. The duties include turfgrass/plant material maintenance programs, property/asset management, assisting with forecasting/expense management, scheduling and maintenance of irrigation systems, pesticide applications, and related recordings.
- Participate in the hiring, training and developing all staff
- Ensure the staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions
- Compliance of regulatory issues as directed by the Superintendent
- Application/Supervision of all Pesticide and Fertilizer applications
- Assist the Superintendent in all facets of golf course maintenance
– 1-2 years experience in Golf Course Maintenance
– Min 2-year College Agronomy Degree preferred
– VA Pesticide Applicators License or able to obtain one in 60 days
– Knowledge of regulatory requirements and recordkeeping as required by local, state and federal laws
– Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employee Partners and guests
– Bilingual (English
– Spanish) communication ability preferred