Promote the game of golf by developing a merchandise plan to meet the needs of Members and guests, execute the plan within inventory guidelines, manage special orders, and assist the golf shop operations team as needed. Responsible for all soft goods merchandising and buying for the Golf Shop including weekly and period reporting to Regional Merchandise Manager.
This position reports directly to the Head Golf Pro and Regional Merchandise Manager with additional support of other Department Heads and the General Manager. This position indirectly supervises the Golf Shop team within merchandise needs.
Day to Day:
- Offer highest level of service and professionalism to the Members and Guests, while promoting the game of golf.
- Execute the buy plan with efficient and timely receipt of merchandise in accordance with ClubCorp policies and procedures.
- Maintain Vendor/Supplier files as back-up to buy plan and actual purchases.
- Leverage tools to manage inventory and maximize financial performance regarding merchandise sales.
- Efficient and timely returned defective and unsold product. Maintain proper documentation for returns.
- Initiate and follow up on all special orders in a timely manner. Ensure all special orders are properly invoiced when order is placed.
- Maintain a spotless/clean Golf Shop, routinely merchandised twice per period.
- Train all Shop staff on how to maintain shop displays with appropriate signage throughout the Golf Shop for all merchandise.
- Execute and maintain accurate period-end inventories with Shop Staff and Accounting Department following company guidelines. Provide accounting with all period-end inventory documentation and reports.
- Follow all daily procedures and assist in any other golf related duties as deemed necessary by the business.
- Develop and execute annual merchandising events calendar to promote all merchandise events (trunk sales, demo days, special programs, etc.).
All the other stuff we do:
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the companys operation, it may be necessary that each Employee Partner perform a multitude of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all of the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively with proper grammar.
- Ability to work well under pressure, coordinating multiple tasks at any given time
- Ability to focus attention on detail.
- Maintain good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas of the Club and assure that others are acting safely.
- Attend daily line-up and participate as requested.
- Wear a clean and neat uniform that follows ClubCorp and your property uniform standards daily.
- A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent, is required. College degree preferred.
- At least 2 years experience in a merchandising/buying capacity in a similar market.
- You have previous financial and budget responsibility experience developing an annual sales and purchasing plan. You will develop COS goals with the Head Golf Pro.
- Experience updating and training all personnel regarding merchandise on the floor as well as proper receiving and inventory methodology.
- Customer service experience. Basic Golf Knowledge Required.
- You can be trusted to maintain confidentiality of all proprietary Company information and sensitive employee matters, except as expressly authorized by the Company.
- You always perform at the highest level of ethical work standards.
- You are comfortable working primarily indoors with some outdoor exposure.