The Camp Counselor reports to the Head Camp Counselor and/or Head Tennis Professional. Responsible for insuring the safety of the children. Responsible for being courteous and exercising tact and diplomacy when dealing with the public. Must be familiar with approved methods of dealing with problem behaviors of young children. Responsible for asserting leadership abilities in the event of the Supervisor’s absence. Responsible for maintaining cooperative and harmonious relationships with other counselors, showing professionalism, independence and willingness to learn on the job.
- Familiar with methods of dealing with problem behaviors of children in your care.
- Being able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be courteous and exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with the Members.
- Show professionalism, independence and willingness to learn on the job.
- Must keep children safe and under constant supervision.
- Must keep children hydrated and sun-screened when outdoors.
- Must be able to communicate with parents and inform them of any important information about their children.
- Must accompany and supervise children while in lessons (golf, tennis, etc.).
– Must be able to lift children weighing 10 or more pounds.
– Must be able to monitor children’s attendance.
– Perform the duty of monitoring and actively participating with children.
– Must adhere to all of the various written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions etc. all of which make up the external functions of the job.
– Must be minimum 17 yrs of age.
– Camp experience a real plus.
– Budget Control/Responsibility