Chef de Cuisine
The Chef de Cuisine will assist the Executive Chef in all aspects of the main, grill, and banquet kitchens (ie. ordering, scheduling, sanitation, maintenance, employee development, performance reviews).
They oversee proper preparation, excellence of product, and profit and labor cost. The Sous Chef organizes and helps in the service of all activities concerning a la carte, employee meals, and private dining rooms.
Job responsibilities of a chef de cuisine include:
- Create and revise recipes, seek out new ingredients, delegate kitchen tasks, stay up-to-date on current food trends and techniques, and ensure their kitchens adhere to all relevant local health department codes.
- Cultivating relationships with vendors, farmers, and other wholesale food suppliers to ensure the highest quality ingredients
- Monitoring physical inventory, including kitchen equipment, food items, and other supplies, and generating purchase orders as needed
- Demonstrated understanding of proper food storage and product rotation procedures to ensure freshness and quality
- Scheduling staff and assigning daily responsibilities to maximize kitchen efficiency
- Inspecting every dish to confirm correct portion size, visual appeal, and quality compliance
– Culinary school graduate preferred
– Two years experience in supervisory position required
– Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with members, employee partners and guests
– Bilingual (English
– Spanish) communication ability preferred
– Possesses a passion for exceeding Member expectations and a commitment to excellence resulting in high quality Member and guest service
(Internal Candidates should be working towards Chef STAR certification and be ServeSafe certified)