Responsible for promoting the game of golf and the club while providing the Three Steps of Service to the Members and guests of the club. Responsible for providing quality service, overseeing with the golf shop operations and participating in driving revenue and programming efforts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for efficient and friendly customer service throughout the pro shop, directing golf shop operations by assisting in training staff, motivating staff, conducting weekly staff meetings, developing sales and golf instruction goals, ensuring that policies are followed
- Organize and promote all Tournaments and other special golf events/functions at the Club including coordination operations by scheduling events, overseeing execution of golf events, promoting golf events, wrapping up tournaments, etc.
- Provide professional instruction for Member/Guests as requested according to ClubCorp and PGA Standards. Develop and promote golf clinics, private lessons, adult, junior and senior programs as directed
- Oversee all aspects of outside golf operations and staff to assure proper performance while following all daily procedures and policies (i.e. staging area, range, golf cart storage, etc.) including marshal/starters/course hots and golf shop attendants.
- Promote the game of golf and promote the Club while maintaining a high level of professionalism and service.
- Develop relationships and satisfy needs of Members by serving on MGA and WGA committee, giving golf lessons, playing golf with Club members and guests, conduct clinics for men, women and juniors.
- Perform close of business functions following guidelines and procedures established by the Club.
- Assist fellow Employee Partners, Members and guests to ensure delivery of the 3 steps of service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Notify management of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recover, any complaints as soon as possible.
1. Because of the fluctuating demands of the company’s operation, it may be necessary that each Employee Partner perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
2. Attend Club functions and committee meetings as required.
3. Adhere to all of the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
4. Ability to communicate effectively with proper grammar.
5. Ability to work well under pressure, coordinating multiple tasks at any given time
6. Ability to focus attention on detail.
7. Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas and assuring that others are acting safely.
8. Attendance at daily line-up and participating as requested.
9. Wearing a CLEAN and neat uniform that follows ClubCorp and your property uniform standards daily. .
1. Reports directly To: Director of Golf
2. Also Works For: General Manager
3. Other Positions Reporting To This Supervisor: Outside Services, Course Hosts, Golf Shop Attendants
4. Directly Supervises: Golf Shop Attendant, Outside service personnel, starters, course hosts as directed
5. Indirectly Supervises: Assistant Golf Professionals as directed
WORK EXPERIENCE: 5+ years as Golf Profession and customer service experience
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: PGA/LPGA Profession Certification completion required
BUDGET CONTROL/RESPONSIBILITY: Assist the Director of Golf with financial responsibilities. Assist with Kronos, and game plans.
SECURITY/CONFIDENTIALITY: Do not disclose or use any of the Confidential Information except as expressly authorized by the Company.
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: Always performs using the highest work ethic standards.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ENVIRONMENT: Indoor and outdoor work