Director of National Tournaments
ClubCorp, the largest owner and operator of private clubs nationwide, has operated for more than 63 years with a central purpose of Building Relationships and Enriching Lives® and is relentless in its pursuit of providing extraordinary experiences, meaningful connections, shared passions, and memorable moments for its Members and Employee Partners. Bringing people together is our passion. We are a community and lifestyle for golfers, thought leaders, foodies, dynamic women, young executives, and families. Highlights of the portfolio include: Firestone Country Club in Akron, OH; Mission Hills Golf & Country Club in Rancho Mirage, CA; and The Metropolitan Club in Willis Tower in Chicago, IL.
ClubCorp’s Partner Marketing and Sales team is responsible for generating revenue and creating unique Member benefits/experiences by working with third-party marketers who are interested in connecting with the ClubCorp Member audience. The Partner Marketing and Sales department is actively seeking to add a Director of National Tournaments to their team. The Director of National Tournaments provides unique Member experiences through national golf, tennis, and pickleball tournaments throughout the United States. This individual is primarily responsible for coordinating and hosting tournaments for our Members, as well as growing attendance and participation in the tournaments. He/she identifies potential tournament host locations, negotiates the contracts, and plans the entirety of the event.
As the Director of National Tournaments, you will work directly with various Members, Employee Partners, and Clubs in the company. Specifically, working closely with the Corporate Marketing team on all promotional materials associated with each tournament. This position reports to the Vice President of Partner Marketing & Sales and assists in the budgeting process.
- Ensure the tournaments create and remain extraordinary Member experiences within budgeted parameters. Generate revenue by growing participation entry fees and working with the sponsorship sales team to develop unique sponsor opportunities. Identify new national tournament opportunities
- Identify potential tournament host sites and requirements
- Negotiate host site contracts including green fees, court fees, lodging, transportation, and food & beverage
- Provide details to host site including participant rooming list, arrival, and departure details to ensure a positive Member experience
- Develop agendas for each event including social activities
- Chair the rules committee for rules clarifications
- Creatively devise ways to promote and market tournaments effectively to Club Members
- Work with Corporate Marketing on all advertising and promotional materials
- Adhere to all company, club, and department standards of operations, policies, and procedures whether written or verbal
- Work well under pressure, coordinating multiple tasks at any given time
Ideal candidates will be high energy, focused leaders who are detail-oriented, extremely organized, present outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills, can multi-task, and enjoy working in a team environment. Candidates must possess a desire for providing high-quality Member service and commitment to exceeding expectations, as well as a passion for creating long-lasting memories for Members and guests.
– 4-year college degree preferred and 2 – 3 years of related experience preferably in event organization or with an experiential event marketing agency
– Prior tournament experience in planning golf and tennis events
– Proficient working with Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word and other computer software programs
– Solid time management, organization, and prioritization skills; ability to work independently
– Strong leadership and people skills, plus the ability to build and foster a team environment
– Project Management experience
– Proven ability in leadership, communication, and negotiating skills
– Ability to travel and work on weekends