Director of Tennis
Responsible for all Club Racquet sport activity programming, including developing and promoting tennis and pickleball programs for all age groups, while providing the Three Steps of Service to the Members and guests of the club. Organize tennis clinics and private lessons that encourage participation in the Club’s racquet activities. Promote tennis memberships to all potential prospects. Act as the Clubs Racquet Ambassador to enhance the value of the Club. Responsible for the supervision of the racquet sports staff. Reports directly to the General Manager.
Day to Day:
- Direct and manage both departments to ensure financial performance meets budget requirements while achieving the Clubs expense objectives, revenue, and profit objectives.
- To drive the selection, hiring, coaching, mentoring and educating of all tennis personnel in a manner that reinforces the clubs values and philosophies and insures the operation of the departments meet company standards and provides an environment focused on excellent delivery of the companys service culture (Three Steps) to exceed Member/Guest expectations.
- Organize, schedule, administer and promote member social events, leagues, round robins, drop-in, ladders, tournaments, lessons and all other tennis events as applicable, that appeal to the membership to motivate health and wellness.
- Develop and promote tennis clinics, private lessons, adult, junior and senior programs.
- Communicate with Member Relations Coordinator to market tennis events and specials.
- Conduct new Member tennis orientation(s) into the facility and programs available.
- Ensure courts and facilities are maintained in a professional and aesthetically satisfactory manner and ensure that the environment is safe for all those who use the facility.
- Maximize the Clubs tennis and other facilities to reduce attrition and attract new Members.
- Prepare yearly budget as directed, forecast accurately per month, and adhere to standards and policies.
- Responsible for seeing that daily assignments is completed in their respective areas, to meet Club standards and as communicated in the Star Service FOCUS expectations (i.e. orderly/organized work areas, straighten/arrange furniture/equipment, picking up trash/debris, etc.).
- Assist fellow Employee Partners, Members, and guests to ensure delivery of the 3 steps of service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Notify supervisor of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recover, any complaints as soon as possible.
All the other stuff we do:
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the companys operation, it may be necessary that each Employee Partner perform a multitude of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you.
- Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Attend Club functions and tennis committee meetings.
- Conduct regular Tennis staff and safety meetings.
- Adhere to all the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively with proper grammar.
- Ability to work well under pressure, coordinating multiple tasks at any given time
- Ability to focus attention on detail.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas and assuring that others are acting safely.
- Attendance at daily line-up and participating as requested.
- Wearing a CLEAN and neat uniform that follows ClubCorp and your property uniform standards daily.
- Minimum of 3 years as a Tennis Professional
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred
- USPTA certification required with minimum playing ability of 4.5+
- Director level experience preferred
- Possess financial management experience
- Required tennis instruction training