Group Exercise Instructor – Fitness Trainer
The Fitness Trainer/Group Exercise Instructor is responsible for providing a safe and effective exercise environment for our Members and guests through supervision of exercise programs, classes, education. They are responsible for enriching lives, connecting Members and building relationships using exceptional service, ongoing contact, and promotion of all club activities. The candidate must possess the right combination of people skills, enthusiasm for service, and a passion for sales.
Strong interpersonal skills • Excellent customer service attitude and abilities • Professional, friendly manner • Enthusiastic, responsible, and dependable team player • Self-motivated, takes initiative with strong work ethic, Ability to build their business
- Maintain a service oriented environment within the group exercise classroom, through the personal recognition of Members and in providing Members with the safest and most effective regimen in helping them achieve their fitness goals.
- Provide leadership and inspire confidence in the group exercise area, serving as a fitness role model for Members.
- Complete all class administrative work as required in the operating standards.
- Maintain the classroom equipment in good working condition and restock supplies as needed.
- Answer any questions and disseminate Club/Athletics information/promotions as needed and as appropriate.
- Attend monthly fitness meetings
- Evaluate Member and guest fitness needs
- Build a client base for training and classes
- Assist on floor supervision and operations
- Assist Athletic Director on varies tasks
– High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
– College Degree in health, fitness or recreation related field preferred
– National Certification in personal training and/or group exercise required
– CPR & AED Certification required
– Flexible schedule and willing to work weekends
– Minimum of one year’s experience in the fitness or exercise industry required
– Previous customer service experience preferred
– Group training experience preferred
-Sales experience a plus