Group Fitness Trainer
The Group Fitness Trainer is responsible for planning and conducting results-oriented fitness and exercise classes for Members. This individual provides leadership and guidance in the classroom through attentiveness to each Members’s fitness and exercise needs. Reports directly to the Fitness Director.
Day to Day:
- Maintain a service-oriented environment within the group exercise classroom, through the personal recognition of Members and in providing Members with the safest and most effective regimen in helping them achieve their fitness goals.
- Provide leadership and inspire confidence in the group exercise area, serving as a fitness role model.
- Design class curriculums using current fitness trends and popular formats.
- Regularly update choreography and music playlists.
- Attend continuing education opportunities made available through various partners.
- Complete all class administrative work as required in the operating standards.
- Maintain the classroom equipment in good working condition and restock supplies as needed.
- To connect Members to other Members through ongoing contact with the Members and promotion of club activities. Promote interaction in and out of class settings.
- To create personalized service for Members, including providing towel and water service while Members are exercising.
- To promote the facility amenities, programs and the Club while maintaining a high level of professionalism and service that aligns with the values, philosophies and standards of the club. This includes being in club-approved uniform and nametag.
- Perform close of business functions following guidelines and procedures established by the Club.
- Responsible for seeing that daily assignments are completed in their respective areas, to meet Club standards and as communicated in the Star Service FOCUS expectations (i.e. orderly/organized work areas, straighten/arrange entry area, straightening/stocking equipment/materials, etc.).
- Assist fellow Employee Partners, Members and guests to ensure delivery of the 3 steps of service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Notify supervisor of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practice service recovery, any complaints as soon as possible.
All the other stuff we do:
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the Clubs operation, it may be necessary that each Employee perform a multitude of different functions, therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all of the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively with proper grammar.
- Ability to work well under pressure, coordinating multiple tasks at any given time
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas, including all exercise areas and equipment are in safe and effective working condition, and assuring that others are acting safely.
- Attendance at daily line-up and participating as requested.
- Wearing a CLEAN and neat uniform that follows ClubCorp and your property uniform standards daily.
- WORK EXPERIENCE: Experience as a Group Exercise instructor.
- EDUCATION: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: Certification in CPR, First Aid and AED as well as being a certified group exercise instructor with AFAA or ACE