Health Club Attendant
The Health Club Attendant is responsible for promoting the facility amenities, programs and the club while providing the Three Steps of Service to the Members and guests of the club. Responsible for providing quality service and assisting with the Athletic/Spa operations (as applicable).
- To provide exercise floor supervision, including warm welcomes, magic moments and fond farewells by connecting with each Member on the floor.
- To clean and maintain all areas of the fitness floor and equipment. Assist with set up and tear down of other athletic areas including but not limited to the squash courts, racquetball courts, volleyball and basketball courts.
- To constantly monitor Members on the fitness floor and evaluate Member fitness needs, including providing demonstration of equipment if necessary. Attend to Members with special needs while working out on the floor.
- To connect Members to other Members through ongoing contact with the Members and promotion of club activities.
- To create personalized service for Members, including providing towel and water service while Members are exercising.
- To promote the facility amenities, programs and the Club while maintaining a high level of professionalism and service that aligns with the values, philosophies and standards of the club. This includes being in club-approved uniform and nametag.
- Perform close of business functions following guidelines and procedures established by the Club.
- Responsible for seeing that daily assignments are completed in their respective areas, to meet Club standards and as communicated in the Star Service FOCUS expectations (ie orderly/organized work areas, straighten/arrange entry area, straightening/stocking of golf shop, etc.
- Assist fellow Employee Partners, Members and guests to ensure delivery of the 3 steps of service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Notify supervisor of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practice service recovery, any complaints as soon as possible.
- Work Experience: Customer service experience. Minimum of one year experience in the fitness or exercise industry preferred.
- Education: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- Certification/License: Certification in CPR, First Aid, and AED within 6 months – one year of employment ClubCorp star certified.