A Host / Hostess creates a Member’s and Guest’s first impression of the restaurant!
The duties of the Host / Hostess include, but are not limited to, providing a “Warm Welcome” upon Member arrival, seating Members and Guests, presenting menus, managing the reservation sheet with the Front Desk and accommodating walk-ins. In addition, this position will also help with resetting tables and communicating with the service staff when necessary.
– Helping preassign tables
– especially during the evening.
– Managing the reservation sheet as it relates to additions and cancellations.
– Keeping their station neat and organized.
– Stocking the host/hostess station with the appropriate menus.
– Knowing how to handle walk-ins and adjustments to reservations.
– Assisting service staff when appropriate.
– A knowledge of the a la carte areas of the Club
– 55th, 1929 Grille and Chop House.
– Ability to articulate and communicate to Members and Guests.
– Proper appearance and demeanor.
– Ability to work flexible hours.
– Teamwork skills.
– Prior hospitality experience a plus.