Member Relations Manager
The Member Relations Manager builds relationships and is instrumental in driving the membership initiative. They champion the system/process to ensure new Members develop relationships, experience personalized service, cultivate Member recognition, join Clubs within the Club, and participate in a variety of programs and events that enrich their lives. The Member Relations Coordinator also oversees internal and external communications at the Club. They work directly with the General Manager and department heads to ensure timely and appropriate communication regarding the benefits and services promised at the time of enrollment to Members.
- Partner with Membership Director on awareness/execution of Gifts of Membership, weekly Welcome calls/letters, monthly sessions, quarterly mixers, and other initiatives designed to acclimate and connect new Members
- Manage all steps of the onboarding process at staff meetings and ensure proper execution by applicable department heads
- Responsible for the creation, implementation, and execution of ongoing programming opportunities
- Manage the Club’s Member Services’ Employee Partners
– Prefer experience in one or more of the following: marketing, hospitality, sales, relationship management, food & beverage operations, customer service, membership associations and/or fundraising
– Experience in leading a team or project to a successful outcome is preferred
– Undergraduate degree preferred
– Educational concentration in business, communications, journalism, public relations, hospitality management or recreation
Hackberry Creek Country Club
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Member Relations Coordinator is responsible for Member communications and the “Member Connect” at the Club. This position works directly with the General Manager and department heads in ensuring timely and appropriate communication utilizing tools that assist in the delivery of the benefits and services promised at the time of enrollment. The Member Relations Coordinator fosters relationships and is instrumental in driving the Member Connect process – both Member/Member and Member/Employee Partner. He/she champions the New Member Connect system/process to help the new Members develop relationships, experience personalized service, cultivate Member recognition, join Clubs within the Club, committees, and participate in events that enriches their lives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Work with department heads to identify, complete and implement one unified annual Club calendar of Member events in alignment with the needs and desires of Members and guests. Updated quarterly and monthly calendars produced, as information becomes more relevant and detailed, Events should drive usage and retention, utilizing MemberPride as a resource.
- Responsible for Member communication such as, but not limited to Weekly e-blasts, website updates, monthly newsletters, both electronic and printed, statement stuffers, digital displays, 3D displays, fliers, cart signs, posters, letters and postcards sent to Members and any other Member communication tool.
- Create and implement the “Member Connect” plan in order to increase Member retention. (The “Member Connect” plan is created by Member Relations Coordinator and his/her team to provide new Members with a personalized and consistent introduction to the Club, its’ Members, Employee Partners, Member Events, products, business and social programming/services.
- Partner with Membership Director on New Member Orientations, New Member “Welcome” Receptions, “Right Start” and “New Member Connect” process designed to acclimate and connect new Members within the first year. Manage the Member Connect process at staff meetings and ensure proper execution by applicable department heads. Specific areas of responsibility for MRC include, but are not limited to, Department Head review, New Member orientation, Welcome Committee call/letter, New Member mixer, spend review and facilitation of one year anniversary letter/call.
- Monitor 25th month graduation and dues lost with the goal to maintain a percentage of improvement over prior year and review at Department Head meetings.
- Function as the Club representative on various Member committees. For committees including but not limited to Social/Programming Committee, Welcoming Committee, Retention Committee and the Board of Governors.
- Act as a liaison between Club within the Club groups and the Club. Work together to determine dates, times and specific needs for each group’s function and input detailed information into ClubCater far enough in advance for ample notification for Department Heads, specifically the F&B Director and Executive Chef.
- Work with Club’s food & beverage department to create, maintain function sheets and event files for each Member event, tradition and other promotions to include but not limited to entertainment contracts, P&L forecasts, and event floor plans. Attend events and functions to facilitate warm welcomes at registration as well as ensure proper execution of events.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of MemberPride, updating MemberPride profile information as needed.
- Manage the hiring, training, and development of the Club’s Member Services staff.
- Responsible for the At-Risk Member Dashboard ensuring that all ‘at risk’ Members are contacted and contacts are resulting in subsequent visits.
- Assist with resignation calls on behalf of the Club as needed.
- Responsible for seeing that daily assignments are completed in their respective areas, to meet Club standards and as communicated in the Star Service FOCUS expectations (ie orderly/organized work areas, market materials are current, etc.).
- Act as an extension of the Member Relations, Membership and Private Events Departments in obtaining prospective Member referrals.
- Build lasting and strong relationships with vendors and communicate the Club’s service standards.
- Have knowledge of and implement incident and service recovery procedures for both Member/Guests and Employee Partners.
- Assist fellow Employee Partners, Members and guests to ensure delivery of the 3 steps of service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Notify GM and/or department head(s) of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recover, any complaints as soon as possible.
- Must be able to interact with Members/Guests professionally, helping them with changes and last minute requests as needed.
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the Club’s operation, it may be necessary that each Employee Partner perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed that are not included in the above accountability list.
- Be knowledgeable of the following, but not limited to:
-Club hours of operation, services, amenities, technology and business features
-Basic Membership and private event information
-Club menus, dress code and ambiance
-Club special events and newsletter
- Adhere to all of the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively with proper grammar.
- Ability to work well under pressure, coordinating multiple tasks at any given time.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas, including the kitchen, and assuring that others are acting safely.
- Attendance at daily line-up and participating as requested.
- Wearing a CLEAN and neat uniform that follows ClubCorp and your property uniform standards daily.
- Reports Directly To: General Manager
- Also Works For: Department Heads, Regional Director, Member Experience
WORK EXPERIENCE: Prefer experience in one or more of the following: sales, relationship management, food & beverage operations, customer service, membership associations and/or fundraising. Prior experience in leading a team or project to a successful outcome is preferred.
EDUCATION: Undergraduate degree preferred. Educational concentration in business, communications, journalism, public relations, hospitality management. or recreation
BUDGET CONTROL/RESPONSIBILITY: N/A
SECURITY/CONFIDENTIALITY: Ability to maintain confidentiality of all Member information
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Indoor/office environment
6. Attendance Requirements for this position: Attendance Requirements for this position as outlined on the weekly schedule. Additional hours are required to meet deadlines of the position, including weekends and/or holidays
Hunters Green Country Club