The Merchandiser assists the Head Golf Professional and Director of Golf in promoting the game of golf at the club by providing quality service, ordering necessary merchandise, and assisting with the golf shop operations.
- Offer highest level of service and professionalism to the Members and Guests of the Club, while promoting the game of golf
- Meet with vendors and write orders within the guidelines of the open to buy plan. Monitor par levels and order merchandise accordingly
- Responsible for checking-in merchandise in accordance with procedures, organization of storage and display areas
- Take care of returning all defective merchandise and issuing proper credit to customer and/or the club
- Follow up on all special orders making sure customers are aware of the receipt of their orders in accordance with established procedures
- Help keep golf shop neat and clean at all times, sell merchandise, and oversee golf operations and staff to ensure proper performance
- Assist with inventory controls – includes processing of invoices, period end inventories and reporting
- Follow all daily procedures and assist in any other golf related duties as deemed necessary by the business
- Coordinate special promotions and sales in conjunction with tournaments and special events
– 3-5 years experience in a merchandising/buying capacity in similar market.
– High school diploma or equivalent required
– College degree preferred
– Budget Control/Responsibility
– Golf shop operations