Sums up your new Role:
Responsible for all Racquet sport activity programming, including developing and promoting tennis, pickleball, and squash programs for all age groups, while providing the Three Steps of Service to Members and guests of the club. Oversee the organization of a variety of club events including but not limited to mixers, clinics, private and group lessons for all age groups that encourage participation in the Club’s racquet activities. Promote the growth of memberships and act as the Racquet Ambassador to enhance the value of the program company-wide. Responsible for the supervision of all Club level Directors. Reports directly to the Vice President of Fitness, Racquet and Recreation with dotted line to all SVOs of Operations.
Day to Day:
- Direct and manage Club Directors and Tennis Professionals to ensure financial performance meets budget requirements while achieving the Club’s expense objectives, revenue, and profit objectives.
- Identify underperforming racquet sports operations and formulate a plan to improve
- Drive the selection, hiring, coaching, mentoring and training of all Racquet Sport Directors in a manner that reinforces the company’s values and culture (Three Steps) to exceed Member/Guest expectations.
- Develop, plan and promote all member social events, leagues, round robins, tournaments, lessons, ladders and all other events as applicable, that appeal to the membership to motivate health and wellness.
- Responsible for driving member care group initiative
- Develop strategy for local team play and support rollout
- Work closely with marketing to promote all programs
- Communicate with Member Experience Team to market all events and specials
- Proactively seek out partnerships and opportunities within the racquet sport industry
- Ensure new member onboarding program and expectations are executed
- Visit clubs regularly to audit facilities and ensure they are maintained in a professional and aesthetically pleasing manner ensuring that the environment is safe for members to enjoy
- Ensure court utilization is maximized and guidelines are adhered to reduce attrition and attract new members.
- Prepare yearly budget as directed, forecast accurately per month, and adhere to standards and policies.
- Responsible for seeing that daily assignments are completed in their respective areas to meet company standards
- Must have exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills including an ability to display active listening, build consensus and create a culture with a shared vision.
- Conduct regular Director/Pro meetings and trainings
- The National Director shall be readily accessible to Club level Directors, Pros and General Managers and have experience working with tennis committees.
- Experience in hiring, training, and developing quality and highly regarded Racquet Sport Directors and
- A history of supporting, communicating and coordinating clearly with other departments managers in previous roles.
- Known for being a passionate ambassador for tennis, pickleball and a total racquet sports program.
- Establish standards and guidelines to ensure that the day-to-day operations of the department are seamless, consistent, efficient, and supportive of ClubCorp’s mission.
- Build upon the ClubCorp’s existing successful programs while judiciously building consensus among all stakeholders to introduce creative and relevant, member-centric programming.
- An acute awareness of developing trends in emerging racquet sports, including the ability to develop programming.
- Enthusiastically promote and execute a variety of engaging and relevant social events.
- Ensure that all facilities and amenities are maintained to the highest standards.
- Manage the Racquets Sports Department annual operating budget.
- Identify resources such as operating standards, new member connect and other programs and update as necessary
- Oversee and update Sharepoint Racquet Sports resource as needed
Qualifications: Personal Traits / Experience / Education / Certification
- A history of at least 5 – 7 years as a leader in the racquet sports industry in a private club setting or regional director of racquet sports experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Racquet Sports Director
- USPTA Elite Certified
- An accomplished and highly regarded Tennis Professional who is able to present a verifiable history of ongoing successes in private clubs, demonstrating progressively greater responsibilities and increased accountability over a defined career pathway.
- Recognized for excellence in developing a team culture with a shared vision within the staff with the ability to attract and retain a high-performing team.
- Demonstrates passion and possesses a demonstrable history of participation in the tennis industry
- A proven and enthusiastic spirit for the private club industry and exceptional member experience which flows through to the entire organization and members.