The Director of Charitable Programs will lead all philanthropic giving, volunteerism, the Employee Care Fund, and community outreach. The mission is to amplify ClubCorp’s commitment to financial and social inclusion through innovative philanthropy and programming that reduces barriers to economic mobility and encourages social change.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement plans and objectives for the department in an effective and innovative fashion.
- Gather stories of philanthropy from throughout the organization and draft internal and external communications.
- Assess and report progress on department objectives.
- Partner with leadership to develop, execute and manage grassroots community outreach activities.
- Build trusting internal relationships as a central point of contact regarding upcoming volunteer opportunities and programs.
- Represent the company and maintain active participation in well-regarded professional organizations that focus on corporate citizenship.
- Work with the Employee Care Foundation Board and Administrative team and participate in committee meetingsWork with SME on implementing, managing, and reporting of the ClubLife Gateway Program with First Tee outreach
- Maintain compliance with external regulations and internal policies.
- Monitor industry and business developments that may impact direction of internal and external communications and other relevant topics through a variety of channels.
- 5+ years of experience in developing, planning, and directing corporate giving, giving campaigns, programs, or services to meet community needs
- Ability to foster collaborative working relationships with people at all organizational levels
- Project management experience
- Strong editing and writing skills
- Willingness to travel and desire for continued learning
- Ability to work on a deadline, managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Experience in public speaking which includes gathering, preparing, and presenting information to employees, executives, the public and media
- Bachelor’s Degree
Manager, Training & Development
Sums up your new Role:
Will provide training and development support for a variety of organizational audiences, assessing needs, designing, and delivering curriculum appropriate for employees at all levels. They are responsible for managing the course content, resources, processes, updates, and overall effectiveness of the hourly position training materials, New Employee Right Start as well as maintenance of eLearning courses in ClubLearn for all hourly positions. The Training Manager also is responsible for developing and delivering new course content, on request.
Work closely with the team to schedule training rooms, transportation, Badge access, etc. Must be able to adapt, overcome, and manage non-routine events. Design and Implement other training interventions on request. Development of presentations when requested as well as facilitating online learning courses when needed. Assist with the development of SCORM courses and training materials related to hourly employees in all areas of the business.
The candidate must possess the right combination of people skills, enthusiasm for service, and a passion for development. In addition, the individual must possess an understanding of and the ability to:
- Uphold ClubCorp Service Standards and drive support of the standards through training and practice
- Work collaboratively with Department Leaders, Home Office support and the Operations Team
- Drive Learning and Development through ClubCorp Core Values and the Circle of Purpose
- Utilize communication and learning tools within the ClubCorp organizations, including LMS and email
Day to Day:
- Design, improve, and implement specific courses associated with compliance (human resources), accounting, membership, food and beverage, and safety to ensure all training within the learning management system is applicable curriculum for all levels within the organization
- Develop courses, understanding SCORM standards and their application. Must understand web-based training delivery methods and instructional design strategies and have basic knowledge of commonly used Articulate Storyline and Rise
- Develop, write, and coordinate training courses, including format initial and/or final drafts, working with subject matter experts for specific details
- Develop courses, understanding AICC/SCORM standards and their application. Must understand web-based training delivery methods and instructional design strategies and have basic knowledge of commonly used WBT development tools (Dreamweaver, Flash, etc.)
- Develop and maintain a means of measuring the effectiveness of training programs through testing, tracking, and evaluation. Validate training materials to ensure accuracy and appropriateness
- Partner with subject matter experts to perform audit/update of all training programs on the learning management system and determine future needs. Continually evaluate and revise Training Programs to ensure delivery of updated information
Website/ClubLife Connection (SharePoint)
- Update the communications and materials on ClubLife Connection when needed
Learning Management System
- Work with the Manager of Learning Management to help serve as subject matter experts of ClubLearn. Assist in managing the day-to-day operation of the LMS, including reporting, resolution of technical issues, and compliance with licensing restrictions
- The primary project manager for implementation of new Hourly Employee courses within the learning management system. Provide support of implemented Training Programs
- Manage the coordination and improvement of operational processes required to run the learning management system
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years training development experience in related club or hospitality field
- Prior experience (5 years +) in training and development in related field
- Knowledgeable in blended learning styles & adult learning principals
- Understands and can illustrate metrics on the Return on Investment for department programs
- Collaborator. Must have the ability to bring a diverse group of individuals, at varying levels of leadership, together towards a common goal
- Bilingual (ESP) preferred
- Ability to balance long-term strategic planning and projects with short-term immediate needs of the company
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic, responsible, and dependable team player
- Self-motivated takes initiative with strong work ethic
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Willingness to acquire new skills
- Innovative thinker who enjoys creating new programs