Manager Private Events- Oak Creek Country Club – Upper Marlboro, Maryland 210349
Private Events Manager
The Private Events Manager is responsible for the selling, planning and coordinating of all aspects of private event and meeting functions held within the Club. They prepare a quarterly game plan and are responsible for achieving their budgeted sales plan.
The Private Events Manager fosters relationships with Members, individuals, and corporations who book events so as to maintain a catalogue of repeat business while prospecting for new events.
Additionally, they will promote the Club locally via bridal shows and other public events, which heighten awareness within the community.
- Generating a definitive sales and marketing plan to achieve departmental revenue goals
- Responsible for selling all private functions, including meeting with the clients to determine needs, meeting those needs and exceeding their expectations through detailed communication
- Networking inside and outside the Club to obtain "leads" and build relationships with new and existing clients
- Provided accurate forecasting of private event sales to properly execute the Club’s business plan
- Ensure all services administered to Club Members and their guests are consistent with expected level of service
- Attendance at all required Food and Beverage Meetings, Employee Partner Meetings and Department Head Meetings scheduled both within the club and outside the club
- Work with the Executive Chef and Service Director to establish profitable and competitive private event menus that meet clients’ needs
- Professional appearance maintained by self and all private event personnel
- Work closely with the Membership Department in obtaining information on new Members and their needs through New Member telephone calls
- Participate in New Member Connect and 12 month Retention Strategy programs
- Two years experience as a Catering/Private Events Director within fine dining or upscale private dining establishment
- Solid understanding of banquet revenue generation
- Proven track record of sales performance along with marketing/prospecting programs that drive event revenue
- Proven ability in leadership, communication, and negotiating skills
- Creative menu development skills
- High energy and outgoing personality
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Word, and Excel
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, employee partners and guests.
(Internal candidates should be Private Events STAR and Bellnotes certified and/or Membership STAR and Bellnotes certified)