Private Events Director
The Capital City Club, located in Columbia, South Carolina, offers a dynamic setting for the top business and community leaders to connect. The Club provides the ideal spot for hosting events, offering a selection of full-service private party and event rooms. We pride ourselves on being the peak of elegance and sophistication with the best views in Columbia. Its prestigious decor and exceptional service create an atmosphere of unparalleled excellence. The Capital City Club team is seeking to bring on a Private Events Director that is responsible for the selling, planning, and coordinating of all aspects of private event and meeting functions held within the Club. They prepare a quarterly game plan and are responsible for achieving their budgeted sales plan. The Private Events Director fosters relationships with Members, individuals, and corporations who book events so as to maintain a catalog of repeat business while prospecting for new events. Additionally, they will promote the Club locally via bridal shows and other public events, which heighten awareness within the community. Thrive in a community environment where you get to know the Members you serve and build important connections throughout your club's community. Become a part of the extended ClubCorp family and enjoy the perks of working with the best.
- Generating a definitive sales and marketing plan to achieve departmental revenue goals
- Responsible for selling all private functions, including meeting with the clients to determine needs, meeting those needs, and exceeding their expectations through detailed communication
- Networking inside and outside the Club to obtain "leads" and build relationships with new and existing clients
- Provide accurate forecasting of private event sales to properly execute the Club’s business plan
- Ensure all services administered to Club Members and their guests are consistent with the expected level of service
- Attendance at all required Food and Beverage Meetings, Employee Partner Meetings, and Department Head Meetings scheduled both within the club and outside the club
- Work with the Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Director to establish profitable and competitive private event menus that meet clients’ needs
- Professional appearance maintained by self and all private event personnel
- Work closely with the Membership Department in obtaining information on new Members and their needs through New Member telephone calls
- Participate in New Member Connect and 12-month Retention Strategy programs
Ideal candidates will be high energy, focused leaders who are detail-oriented, extremely organized, and enjoy working in a team environment. This is a great opportunity for a sales Rockstar, who is proactive in going after the business and has a passion for creating long-lasting memories for members and guests.
- Four years of experience as a Catering/Private Events Director within fine dining or upscale private dining establishment
- Solid understanding of banquet revenue generation
- Proven track record of sales performance along with marketing/prospecting programs that drive event revenue
- Proven ability in leadership, communication, and negotiating skills
- Creative menu development skills
- High energy and outgoing personality
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Word, and Excel
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employee Partners, and guests.