Private Events Director
The Clubs of Kingwood is a centerpiece of the Kingwood, Texas community. A golf & country club in the ClubCorp family offering a dynamic and diverse experience for our Members and guests. Our Club provides a recreational retreat and family-friendly atmosphere with world-class amenities that makes it the perfect home away from home. The Clubs of Kingwood has three clubhouses with 10 dining rooms and banquet facilities, where we are able to provide a private dinner for two or a golf outing for 1,000 people. Whether the event is an intimate affair or an elaborate celebration, we are actively looking to add a creative and experienced Private Events Director to the team, that is ready to help make these special events come to life. This is a great opportunity to create a community within your club by working with your elite Employee Partners to build relationships with Members and deliver the best in Member services. Plus, grow your career through the connections you make and enjoy the freedom to work at any ClubCorp location across the country. Enjoy the perks of working with the best and apply to join The Clubs of Kingwood team today.
The Private Events Director is responsible for the selling, planning and coordinating of all aspects of private event and meeting functions held within the Club. They prepare a quarterly game plan and are responsible for achieving their budgeted sales plan.
The Private Events Director fosters relationships with Members, individuals, and corporations who book events so as to maintain a catalogue of repeat business while prospecting for new events.
Additionally, they will promote the Club locally via bridal shows and other public events, which heighten awareness within the community.
- Generating a definitive sales and marketing plan to achieve departmental revenue goals
- Responsible for selling all private functions, including meeting with the clients to determine needs, meeting those needs and exceeding their expectations through detailed communication
- Networking inside and outside the Club to obtain "leads" and build relationships with new and existing clients
- Provided accurate forecasting of private event sales to properly execute the Club’s business plan
- Ensure all services administered to Club Members and their guests are consistent with expected level of service
- Attendance at all required Food and Beverage Meetings, Employee Partner Meetings and Department Head Meetings scheduled both within the club and outside the club
- Work with the Executive Chef and Service Director to establish profitable and competitive private event menus that meet clients’ needs
- Professional appearance maintained by self and all private event personnel
- Work closely with the Membership Department in obtaining information on new Members and their needs through New Member telephone calls
- Participate in New Member Connect and 12 month Retention Strategy programs
Ideal candidates will have tenured sales and event experience, selling and executing events in a multiunit space, including several large ballrooms. They will possess strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to multi-task, and enjoy working in a team environment. If you have a passion for events, creating long lasting memories, and are looking to take your career to the next level in the Event Planning and Hospitality Sales industry, then this is a great opportunity for you.
- Four years experience as a Catering/Private Events Director within fine dining or upscale private dining establishment
- Solid understanding of banquet revenue generation
- Proven track record of sales performance along with marketing/prospecting programs that drive event revenue
- Proven ability in leadership, communication, and negotiating skills
- Creative menu development skills
- High energy and outgoing personality
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Word, and Excel
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, employee partners and guests.