Recreation Director – Knollwood Country Club – Granger, Indiana 164579
The position of Recreation Director is responsible for the operations and programming of the club’s Aquatics (Indoor and outdoor pools), Tennis, Pickle Ball Housekeeping, Various special events and fee-based programs to exceed Member expectations, while achieving the Club's revenue and profit objectives. The benchmarks for a successful Recreation Director are: growth in Member usage and Recreation Department revenues; reduction in Member attrition; the maintenance of all quality standards for service, production, cleanliness, and safety; employee relations and staff development; all measured by growth in Net Revenues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To work within the financial aspects of Aquatics and Racquet Sports including both revenue and expense that meets and exceeds budget expectations
- To drive the selection, hiring, coaching, mentoring and educating of Aquatics, Tennis, Pickle Ball Housekeeping staff in a manner that reinforces the club’s values and philosophies and insures the operation of the department meets company standards and provides an environment of focused on excellent delivery of the company’s service culture (Three Steps) to exceed Member/Guest expectations.
- To conduct regular meetings and education sessions for applicable direct/indirect report employee partners.
- To monitor, teach and support staff in their professional delivery of club programs, fee-based classes, To ensure that each club member who participates in a program receives a safe, valuable and motivating member experience
- To continually offer staff training and development opportunities. To mentor and guide staff with their education and professional development.
- To utilize the available resources of ClubCorp in executing the responsibilities of Recreation Director. This includes incorporating any standards that the company has established for Aquatics and Racquet Sports programming, and program marketing.
- To provide a measurable cleaning program (MCP) and preventative maintenance program (PMP) for the Pools, tennis and Pickle Ball Courts to ensure that all is in good working condition, is clean, and is safe.
- To attend committee meeting, New Member Orientations and other club meetings as directed as an ambassador of the club.
- To process accurately the weekly payroll functions for all immediate staff, including: time sheets, commission sheets, payroll activities in Kronos, and managing payroll and commission expense to plan.
- Assist fellow Employee Partners, Members, and guests to ensure delivery of the 3 steps of service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team
- Notify appropriate Management staff of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recovery any complaints as soon as possible
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the Club’s operation, it may be necessary that the Recreation Director perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed that are not included in the above accountability list.
- Adhere to all of the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Responsible for conduct oneself as a representative for the Company's management team, by visibly supporting and implementing policy and demonstrating high standards of ethics and integrity with Members, peers and employees.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas and assuring that others are acting safely.
- Apply initiative to achieve personal/professional growth as a member of the Company's management team and maintain professional certifications as they may apply to the specific product line.
- Lead and motivate others to achieve expected outcomes.
- Manage time effectively.
- Take initiative to solve problems, utilizing all available resources including regional and corporate staff.
WORK EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three years management experience in the Recreation industry. Specifically knowledge of Tennis and Aquatics Management
EDUCATION: College Degree in health, fitness or recreation related field.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: Current certification in CPR/AED. Current certification from national organization such as ACSM, ACE, NASM, etc. preferred.
BUDGET CONTROL/RESPONSIBILITY: Responsible for established budget set for each year.. Errors in judgment regarding expense allocation could seriously affect the profit/loss position of their departments.
SECURITY/CONFIDENTIALITY: Deals with highly confidential material (ie. Member/Employee Data)
WORKING CONDITIONS/ENVIRONMENT: Professional indoor/outdoor office/club environment.
Knollwood Country Club