The Restaurant Supervisor is responsible for championing the delivery of service in the restaurant as well as in all outdoor dining venues. This position is key to driving an elevated Member/Guest experience for all meal periods by working closely with the entire team of service professionals. The duties performed by the Restaurant Supervisor include, but are not limited to, ensuring the venue is properly set and ready for service, staffing is sufficient for the daypart and time of year, training and education is part of daily shift meeting as well as having a prominent presence on the floor with Members and Guests. The Restaurant Supervisor will also be the liaison between the Heart-of-the-House and Front-of-the-House to insure seamless dining experience.
- Ensuring dining venues are properly set for service / ambience prior to Member arrival.
- Managing the dining room operation during the respective daypart.
- Getting to know the Members and their personal dining preferences.
- Rallying the staff each day to create a positive work environment.
- Ongoing training through line-ups, one-on-ones and dining debriefs.
- Ensuring that all steps of service and standards of operation are executed daily.
- Knowing the Firestone Beverage Portfolio to include all liquor, beer and wine offerings.
- Serving all Members and Guests responsibly.
- Understanding all menus to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and To Go alternatives.
- Ensuring that each Member/Guest experiences an exceptional dining experience.
- Having a knowledge of all amenities offered at Firestone Country Club.
- Ability to promote a TEAM-oriented atmosphere among all heart and frontline staff.
- Proficient in both front and back-of-the-house point-of-sale operations i.e. Micros.
- Excellent communication and articulation skills.
- Ability to exercise service recovery when appropriate.
- Strong professional demeanor and decorum and attention to social etiquette.
- Understanding of food and beverage numbers as they relate to restaurant operations.
- Ensure that all checks and covers are correct and that all server checkout reports are compliant with company standards at the close of the shift.
- Able to work some late nights.
- Manage the reservation sheet daily with the Front Desk.
- Ability to ensure that all dining venues are closed out properly at the end of the shift and properly secured at the end of the day.
- Capable of multitasking and proper time management.
- Responsible alcohol management training a plus.