The Silicon Valley Capital Club is a private member dining and social club with a casual dining and bar lounge, private formal dining room and banquet spaces for private events. Located on the 17th floor of the KQED Building in the heart of downtown San Jose, we provide members and guests an outdoor patio experience that cannot be found anywhere else in the valley.
We are looking for servers for all Food and Beverage outlets (casual, fine dining and banquets) both part and full time.
- Must have an outgoing personality and customer service forward attitude and truly understand what a good hospitality experience is.
- Must smile and enjoy being around all types of people and have a passion to provide excellent service.
- Must have experience in food and beverage and customer service.
- Must commit to continued learning and training
- Spirit, Beer and Wine knowledge a plus
1. Maintaining ClubCorp service standards as outlined in the F&B Service training program at high standards. 2. Responsible for the service of food and beverage to the Members and guests, adhering to the ClubCorp standards of service. 3. Complete and comprehensive knowledge of the al carte menu is mandatory, including daily features and specials that may not be available directly on the menu. 4. Accurately execute Member/guest orders and requests in an attentive and timely fashion. 5. Know Members names and greet them promptly in a manner to provide a warm welcome and making them feel at home. 6. Responsible for seeing that daily assignments, cleanliness and side work is completed in their respective areas, to meet Club standards and as communicated in the Star Service expectations (ie orderly/organized work areas, consistently sanitary work areas, refill/stock containers and supplies, etc.) 7. Assist fellow Employee Partners, Members and guests to ensure delivery of the 3 steps of service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team. 8. Notify supervisor of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recover, any complaints as soon as possible. 9. Responsible for the completion of additional duties as assigned periodically by the F&B Director, Service Director, Private Events Director, etc. 10. Responsible for possessing clear knowledge of all various liquors, beer and wines available by the Club. 11. Must be able to interact with Members/Guests professionally, helping them with changes and last minute requests as needed. OTHER ACCOUNTABILITIES 1. Because of the fluctuating demands of the Club's operation, it may be necessary that each Employee Partner to perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed. 2. Adhere to all of the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job. 3. Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas and assuring others are acting safely. 4. Responsible for attendance at all Service Training Meetings as requested. 5. Follow all service department, club and corporate guidelines and policies as instructed by supervisor, policies and manuals. 6. Attendance at daily line-up and participating as requested. 7. Wearing a CLEAN and neat uniform that follows ClubCorp and your property uniform standards daily.