Golf Course Superintendent
The Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for the successful operation of the Golf Course Maintenance Department and Clubhouse Grounds Maintenance.
The Superintendent works closely with the General Manager on capital improvement expansion projects, as well as interaction with the Head Golf Professional to maximize the number of rounds of golf played by scheduling maintenance practices around Member play and outings to maximize efficiency is essential.
- Provides agronomic direction to maintain the golf course at the highest quality possible at all times
- Follows company standards for the healthy growth of the golf course grasses, trees, wetlands, and other applicable plant materials
- Programs for turf/grass, material and chemical maintenance, and asset management are critical to the success of this role
- Prepares an annual budget and achieves these financial goals throughout the year, through proper forecasting, expense controls and labor management
- Responsible for hiring, training and developing all staff
- Ensures staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions.
- 5 years in Golf Course Maintenance management
- Min 2-year College Agronomy Degree required
- Pesticide Applicators License required
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory requirements and recordkeeping as required by local, state and federal laws
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employee Partners and guests
- Bilingual (English
- Spanish) communication ability preferred